AGRI-Search
    Published
    September 23, 2020
    Location
    Northeastern Illinois, United States of America
    Category

    Description

    A well-known and respected agribusiness in Northeastern Illinois is seeking an Assistant Agronomy and Grain Manager.

    This company has a strong team environment and is looking for someone who will continue to build upon their established dynamic. As the new Assistant Agronomy and Grain Manager, you will get to be a part of an organization with an “all hands on deck” mentality and learn all aspects of the agronomy and grain business.

    A farm or agronomic background is preferred; college graduates will be considered. Having an open mind, willingness to learn, and the ability to bring new ideas to the table is important. You must work well with others and be able to communicate both in person and via telephone, text, and email with employees and customers alike. You must be able to obtain a CDL and other agricultural licenses; the company will provide training and cover expenses as needed.

    The successful candidate will need to be flexible and a critical thinker while working toward the common goal. This is a close-knit team where everyone works together and steps in to help. The majority of this role will take place in the office working with grain buying and hedging, inventory management, and payables. However, you must also be willing to mix chemicals, run the scale, or drive a tender truck when needed.

    On average, you will spend 60% of your time working with agronomy, while the other 40% will be focused on grain. In this role, you will work closely with the Agronomy Manager and General Manager.

    Compensation for this dependable and trustworthy team member will start between $45-$55,000 per year, with an exceptional benefits package. This will include longer hours during planting and harvest season.

    If you are a self-motivated individual who desires to learn all aspects of the agronomy and grain business with a respected and established company in a great location, please contact Chelbi Williams Alt and Dave Allen.

    Apply
    Drop files here browse files ...
    Captcha

    Related Jobs

    7654, Seed Production Technician / Maintenance, Central Illinois   Central Illinois, United States of America new
    May 10, 2021
    3875, Agronomy Sales Specialist, Northeast Indiana & Northwest Ohio   Northeast Indiana & Northwest Ohio, United States of America new
    May 10, 2021
    6211, Feed Mill Manager, New York   New York, United States of America
    April 29, 2021
    3874, Farm Operations Manager, Eastern Michigan   Eastern Michigan, United States of America
    April 29, 2021
    6210, Labor Positions, Central Illinois   Central Illinois, United States of America
    April 26, 2021